ABU Invite Chair v. Vice-Chair
- Hits: 1617
The Chairman and Council of Ayrshire District Bridge would like to invite invitee to:-
THE CHAIRMAN v VICE CHAIRMAN MATCH
dd September yyyy
THE AYRSHIRE BRIDGE CENTRE
Time 1.30pm for 2pm
Please reply to
ABU League Sheet Start
- Hits: 956
LEAGUE TEAM INFORMATION
CLUB NAME AND TEAM NAME
Division 1 Division 2
Captain’s name Captain’s Name
Telephone Number Telephone Number
ABU Secy Start
- Hits: 996
To All Club Secretaries
From Anne Braid Ayrshire District
Date dd July 20yy
Subject Secretaries Meeting
You are invited to attend the meeting of Club Secretaries which will be held
In the Ayrshire Bridge Centre, 4 The Riggs Prestwick
On Saturday dd August 20yy
If you are unable to attend it essential that a representative from you club does attend.
Please bring with you
1. Your Club’s affiliation fee to Ayrshire District of £10
2. Teams of Eight Leagues subscriptions of £10 per team
3. Details of your match secretaries for each team completed as per attached form.
4. Note of date to be completed if your are running a heat of the Ayrshire Pairs and/or the
4. The attached club information sheet duly completed. When clubs have established their members list and know their home members a copy of the FULL MEMBERSHIP list and £1 per head per Home member should be sent to the Ayrshire District Secretary by 31st October 20yy. Please note some secretaries are only sending me a note of their Home members, please forward a complete membership list. Thank you.
May I remind you that you must send your affiliation fee and your Home members subscription and membership list to the SBU Membership Secretary Mr.Bill Richardson to arrive with him no later than 30 November 20yy. Please note the increase in SBU Subscription to £6 per home member and the affiliation fee to £12 which includes the Master Point Registration fee.
5. If your club is holding a heat of the Ayrshire Pairs and a heat of the Tourney Cup will you please advise Local Competitions Convener at the meeting of the dates of the heats. Remember these heats must be played for the Ayrshire Pairs between 06 October and 27 October and the Tourney Cup between 12 January and 16 February 20yy. Again there will be no
Entry fee charged for these competitions.
Would all clubs please note when sending in results of competitions, especially ones where Master Points are being issued, to include the Christian Name of the player. Our Ayrshire Master Points Secretary is Mr T Lindsay, 38 Craigholm Road, Ayr
KA7 3LJ Telephone Number 01292/280091
Almost all our clubs support the Ann Galt Charity competition played during December
and January, we always support a local charity. The support from our clubs is greatly appreciated.
You will receive:-
1. Ayrshire District Syllabus
2. Entry forms for the competitions
3. The date of the SBU brochure publication is not known, but will be distributed to all clubs as soon as it is received in Ayrshire District.
Our Ayrshire Heat of the National Swiss Teams will be played this year on ddth November 20yy at the Ayrshire Bridge Centre starting at 12 noon.
This year we will again hold our Ayrshire Congress. The event will be played on
dd & dd April 20yy The pairs will be played on the ddth and the Teams of 4 on the ddth. These events will be played at the Ayrshire Bridge Centre and we hope we can encourage more Ayrshire players to come along and take part.
May I remind all secretaries to advise their Match Secretaries that the meeting to arrange the League Matches for the new season takes place on Saturday ddth August 20yy at 11am and it is essential that some one should attend who has the authority to arrange dates of matches for each team entered by your club.
Ayrshire District will hold their 1st Play & Learn day on 28th Sept. 20yy
The SBU along with Wales & Ireland will be holding the Celtic Sim. Pairs on dd-dd December. It is hoped that clubs can see a space in their calendar to run a heat of this competition on their club night. You can play as many times as you want.
ABU Secy Letter
- Hits: 974
ddth September 20yy
I enclose an invitation to the Chairman versus Vice Chairman’s match on
ddth September 20yy which gives club Presidents and partners, or representatives
from your club a chance to meet socially in the Ayrshire Bridge Centre to enjoy an afternoon’s bridge. At the end of bridge a light supper will be provided. Please
meet at 1.30pm for a glass of wine before the commencement of play at 2pm. Will
you please advise me at sectelno or by e-mail at secemail If your club will be present. Would all clubs please reply to this invite, as numbers are necessary for catering requirements.
THE ADAMSON CUP
This competition is for Ayrshire club champions to meet and play for the Adamson
Cup. Should your club champion not be able to play substitutes are allowed.
The Adamson Cup will be played in the Ayrshire Bridge Centre on Sunday dd
September 20yy at 2pm. Could you please advise LocalCompetitionsConvener by telephone LocalCompetitionsConvenerTelNo or by e- LocalCompetitionsConvenerEmail by ddth September the names of the pair representing your club in this competition.
Enclosed is a list of Club Secretaries which I hope you will find useful.
Remember our open day on dd Sep 20yy and our Play & Learn on Friday ddth Sept.20yy at 1.30pm, contact EducationConvener on EducationConvenerTelNo or e-mail EducationConvenerEmail We do hope you can come along.
Remember our National Swiss Teams competition on Sunday ddth November 20yy
Contact NationalCompetitionsConvener on Telephone NationalCompetitionsConvenerTelNo or e-mail NationalCompetitionsConvenerEmail
Our Ann Galt Competition will this year support AnnGaltNominatedCharity in AnnGaltNominatedCharityTown which provides AnnGaltNominatedCharityWork