ABU Website FAQs
- Hits: 4747
Hints and Tips using the ABU Web Site including Frequently Asked Questions
Pasting Scorebridge Results so that Links and Table borders show.
Chrome retains links; Internet Explorer converts links to physical location on hard drive;
Chrome doesn't display table borders; IE does.
Use Chrome to pick up the web page produced by Scorebridge; use Firefox to save on the ABU Web site.
Select web page from - C:/BridgeData/Club/WebPages
Right click and Open with Chrome. Select All (Ctrl-A); Copy (Ctrl-C)
Open ayrshirebridge in Firefox.
Login, Submit an Article, Paste (Ctrl-V)
The resulting web page is up to the original high standard provided by Scorebridge and is a joy to view, especially if the background colour (selected in Scorebridge under web page Preferences) is white. Additionally, the links to Travellers and personal Scorecards are fully functional.
A bit of a faff, but well done, Henry, for finding a solution.
This is done using Windows Select, Copy, and Paste to copy text from 1 area to another.
Use your Scoring Program, (Scorebridge, Jeff Smith's Scorer, Whatever), to create the results for your clubs.
e.g. with Scorebridge, select Make / Web Page
With the results page open, position the mouse anywhere in the results page, and left-click the mouse.
Select all (Ctrl-A) - the information is highlighted in blue.
Copy (Ctrl-C) - the information is saved in the buffer.
Go to the ABU Website, and Login.
Under Members, you'll see a menu item, 'Submit an Article'
Click on 'Submit an Article. The article submission form opens.
Give the article a Title in the form <club> <yyyymmdd>
e.g. Doon 20160426
Position the cursor in the edit (content) window, and left-click the mouse.
Paste (Ctrl-V) - the results from the buffer are pasted to the edit window.
If you can publish for more than 1 club, e.g. Doon and Riggs, Click the Tab 'Publishing'
Select the Category from the Drop Down, e.g. 'Doon' or 'Riggs'
Saving under correct Category.
The Web page editor window has tabs: Content, Publishing, Language, Metadata.
Category is selected under Publishing. If you have access to more than 1 category, then the default category will be the lowest, alphabetically.
If Save without setting the correct Category, simply open the article, Edit, Select the Publishing tab, Set the correct Category from the dropdown, and Save. No need to create a new article.
Under Members, click 'Forgot your Password', then enter your email address when asked to do so. Tell the system you're not a robot.
The system will send you a new password.
Login, using your SBU number as Username, and the System generated Password.
Once logged in, you can change your password to something more memorable:
Under Members, click on Edit my Profile; set new password; Save Profile.
Delete An Article
2. Find the article, if still in Latest, on the Top Right Hand Side, or under <club> Results
3. Click on the Article Title.
-. The article opens for Editing.
4. Select tab 'Publishing'
5. Click on Dropdown 'Status'
6. Change status from 'Published' to 'Trashed'
7. Click 'Save' - the article is saved.
- it may still be viewable on the screen on exit from the editor,
- but it will no longer be on 'latest', if that's where you clicked on the title
- if you navigate to <club>results it is no longer listed.
Publish a PDF File
A link to a PDF file can be included in an article, in a circuitous way, by pretending to include an Image in the article.
2. Create / Edit an article.
3. Click on 'Image' above the edit window
- a pop-up window is displayed, showing the images folders
4. Click on Clubs folder, then click on the folder for your club; e.g. newtonstewart
- a list of images for Newton Stewart is shown (there may be no images for your club).
5. At the bottom of the pop-up, there is an option to upload a file; click Browse to find a file on your PC to upload.
6. Browse on your PC and find the PDF file to upload, e.g. myfile.pdf; select it, and then click Upload
7. If successfully uploaded a message will appear: "Successfully uploaded clubs/newtonstewart/myfile.pdf"
7.1 to save some typing later, select the text 'clubs/newtonstewart/myfile.pdf', and copy it to the Paste buffer with Ctrl-C
8. Click Cancel to return to the Edit window.
9. Type in some text where you wish to place a link to the PDF file, e.g 'Hand Records.'
10. Select the text 'Hand Records', and then click, above the Edit Window, the Link icon ( a chain link).
11. A pop-up appears, in the URL, either
11.1 type the text 'images/clubs/newtonstewart/myfile.pdf', or,
11.2 if copied to Paste buffer, type Ctrl-V, and pre-pend the text with 'images/'
12. Click OK, to save the link.
13. Click Save to save the article.
14. When the article is saved, check that the link works correctly by clicking the text where you created the link.
15. log off
Update Details for Event Entry System
To do the Update:
- Ensure no other User logged in.
- Login as Ayrshire District.
- Right-click the Scorebridge Icon (The Black Spade)
- Click “Run as Administrator”
- Enter the xadmin password (Hint: a telephone no., but with “0” as “o”, “1” as ”i”, and 5 as “s”.
- On the Scorebridge menu, “System”, select “Update to latest version of Scorebridge”
- When receive the prompt, “Close Scorebridge and perform Update”, click “Yes”
- Scorebridge closes and the update is performed.
- A pop-up appears showing the version of Scorebridge installed.
- Do a test run
- Record the activity in the log book.
- Inform clubs with a message on the noticeboard.
The Scorebridge Support licence expires on 19 Jun.
If the ABU intends to continue using Scorebridge to score events, it should be renewed by the treasurer, and the new Support key installed on the date notified by Scorebridge.
Scorebridge is licensed to “Ayrshire District”.
Note: when logon to the PC as Ayrshire District, you can send/receive emails from this address using Windows Mail – icon on the Taskbar
Dealer 4 Guide
- Hits: 901
A PDF document has been written giving an abridged introduction to using the Dealer4+ machine.
- Hits: 842
The following Guides area available. They will have been sent to each Club's Secretary / Treasurer
Check the SBU web site for more up to date versions.
Mempad Handbook (Revised Doc)
Mempad - How to Enrol
- Hits: 994
1) Go to Mempad site - Link to Mempad
2) Under Username type in your M.P. number
3) Press : CONTACT the SBU
4) Enter your details
5) Add message : Please supply me with a password for my Mempad account
6) Send message
7) You will get an email reply within days ( if not received check spam folder )
8) Enter this password to access your account
9) You can now change password
10) Check your details are correct.